Dr. Brodkin brings to his consultations nearly three decades of experience as a leading physician-scientist, psychiatrist, and consultant who is internationally recognized for his innovative work and expertise on interpersonal connection and neurodiversity.
Improving the quality of connection and communication
- Dr. Brodkin consults with businesses, universities, and other organizations to improve the quality of connection and communication among coworkers, executives, and work teams.
- Dr. Brodkin’s customized consultations are based on building the fundamental skill for connecting, called attunement – the ability to be aware of your own state of mind and body, while tuning in and connecting to another person.
- Dr. Brodkin and Ashley Pallathra’s innovative attunement-based approach is described in their book Missing Each Other: How to Cultivate Meaningful Connections and in leading business outlets such as the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, Fast Company, Business Insider.
Neurodiversity and adults on the autism spectrum
- Dr. Brodkin consults with businesses, universities, and other organizations on neurodiversity and the autism spectrum. The aim is to foster mutual understanding and improved communication between neurodiverse and neurotypical people in the workplace.
- Neurodiversity means variability among people in brain functioning, cognition, and behavior.
- The autism spectrum is one example of neurodiversity and is defined by differences in social communication, repetitive behaviors, and sensory processing.
- Dr. Brodkin’s consultations are informed by three decades of research, clinical experience, and consulting on neurodiversity and autism in adulthood.